7.01.2009

Welcome!

Welcome, one and all (most likely just a few one's...). This is my VERY first blog and my VERY first entry/post. I'm not sure what I'm going to be focusing on here in my blog, but all I know is that I want it to be positive. I believe there is way too much negativity in this world, from people blasting everyone's thoughts and expressions, to damn-near every-single-celebrity blog out there! I mean, come on! Every one just nit picks and makes fun of the famous as if they are made of stone and have no feelings. They are people to ya know. Why do you think they have breakdowns? People torment them and expect WAY to much from them. As Beth Moore said "People were made to worship, not to BE worshiped". People need to go back to their childhoods and learn the basics: treat others the way you want to be treated; if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all; don't eat yellow snow, etc etc.

I also want this blog to center on good 'ol fashioned family, friends, togetherness activities and hanging out that does not cost an arm and a leg. There is NOT enough of that in the world either. Especially our society. Our whole society is built on narcissism, the individual, and it's getting a lot worse. No wonder we are sicker and die younger than most other developed cultures.

Now, people can't be positive ALL the time, but they can be much more so than they are now. With that said, there are times when I will become upset and a good 'ol rant and the occasional ripping apart of instances (and maybe people, who knows) is in order. I will try my best to keep this to a minimum (it's tough, believe you me), but sometimes, it just can't be helped.

So I guess I answered my question: this is a positive-, gathering-oriented blog, with articles and findings on the internet and other places with bases on such topics. I hope people find this uplifting and pass it along. I know I am one stone thrown into the sea, but that one stone can create a ripple, and I hope there is a MASS ripple effect, as others learn and start throwing their own stones in their own seas and making their own ripples to effect others around them. Haha, I can be poetic sometimes. :)

It's also going to include all things beautiful, which include those thought to be "imperfect", hence the name of my blog. We need these things in our world, and we need to change the way our society deems things as "perfect" (well, there are no things "perfect" on this planet) and "pretty". Sure, the things we say are pretty and beautiful are in fact that, but its the things that are left out that need to be changed.

Inspirational items and blogs and whatnot from EVERYWHERE will be included. So if you have any suggestions, I would LOVE to hear 'em! So what do you say people??

1 comment:

  1. I say.....I'm so proud to be your Mother. You speak with wisdom and the name of your blog is perfect....or should I say 'Imperfectly Beautiful'.

    ReplyDelete