11.10.2009

What I've been up to lately...

Well, I'm back. I know I haven't really been keeping up with this blog, but life gets in the way. But, its not like I have been busy! It just all me and my laziness. I have been taking a few online classes and studying for my GREs (wish me luck!). I have no job and am constantly looking for one. I do recieve unemployment. There are a few things our government does right, and unemployment is pretty spot on. Its nice having all this time. I have been doing a lot of baking and cleaning and sewing (wow, domestic I know). I have tried a few recipes that have turned out pretty great. I have a chocolate chip cook recipe, curtosy of Alton Brown (no I don't do all that fancy stuff. I just use margorine and microwave it, and just use regualr 'ol spoons to put it on the cookie sheet, yadda yadda yadda....) that turn out splendid. I also have a focaccia bread recipe from King Arthur Flour that turns out marvelous. (Yes, it does take the 18-19 hours quoted on the website. Like I said, I have a lot of time on my hands. But, most of the time is just spend waiting for the dough to rise, a few times. Its really quite easy). This time off has lead me to think about what I want to do in the near future. I have decided (well, almost decided) to take a cooking class next semester at the local jr. college here. Its a long class (7 hours to be exact), twice a week. I also want to take a sewing class too. I really like to cook, and I figure, if this whole forensic anthropology thing doesn't work out, I'm gonna try cooking. But, we'll see how the class goes next semester.


I've also been enjoying my brother home on leave. He is in the Air Force, now stationed in Idaho. He makes his whole family proud and I swear, everytime I see him, he has grown like 3 inches. My other little brother is headed off to the Air Force in January. Wow, they grow up fast.
Anyways, that all I have to write right now. My dryer is screamin at me that my clothes are done.
Peace out ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment